Fluke 125 Industrial ScopeMeter
The Fluke 125 Industrial ScopeMeter is a rugged, reliable solution for industrial troubleshooting and installation applications. Integrated test tool, with oscilloscope, multimeter, and “paperless” recorder in one affordable, easy-to-use instrument.
As the latest addition to the Fluke 120 Series ScopeMeters, the Fluke 125 has advanced features for installing and troubleshooting field buses and electrical machines. The ScopeMeter performs a bus health test on industrial buses, for example, which are rapidly becoming a headache for Service, Maintenance and Installation (SMI) engineers. The test quickly determines whether the bus is working and if not, helps to identify the cause. The rugged ScopeMeter works with many Industrial Networks including AS-I bus, CAN-bus, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus and Ethernet.
In addition, the instrument can test power input, sensor timing, motor windings, drive output timing and power measurements – thus eliminating the need for expensive, more specialized test equipment.
The ScopeMeters are 600 V CAT III safety certified for machinery, instrumentation, control and power systems. The new Fluke 125 has all the features of the successful Fluke 123 and Fluke 124 ScopeMeters and, in addition to the bus health test, it also carries out effective (Vpwm) voltage measurements of motor drive output, and has 0.01 ohm resolution on the 50 Ohms range for testing motor windings. User-named data setups make for easy use. The 125 extends the 120 series by adding; Industrial networks bus health testing and Measure harmonics and power, VA, VAR, W, and PF
Simple good/bad readout for Field Bus parameters
The bus health tests of the Fluke 125 ScopeMeter find defects like bad or missing terminators, bad cable splits, missing links, incorrect line loading, line interrupts, short circuit conditions and reflections. The instrument continuously acquires the bus signal and compares parameters to official specifications. It displays bus speed and measures signal quality with ‘good’ or ‘bad’ indications for parameters like rise- and fall-time, amplitude, bias level, pulse width and distortion. The instrument checks at the hardware (not protocol) level. An eye-pattern mode allows for a visual check of signal integrity.
Harmonic analysis and power consumption
Extended Harmonics Analysis of mains waveforms reaches up to the 33rd harmonic. That includes the important 3rd and 5th harmonics, which may be the cause of overheating in neutral wire or motor, as well as flat-topping of the mains voltage from non-linear loads like SMPS units. The wide frequency range covers railway (16.66 Hz) and airplane systems (400 Hz) applications.
Power measurements cover single-phase and balanced-3-phase, 3-wire systems (Watt, VA, VAR and Power Factor). Unlike PQ analyzers, the instrument is not restricted to 50/60 Hz, and can measure power at the output of motor drives and frequency converters.
The Vpwm measurement capability shows the output voltage of motor drives exactly as the motor perceives it. For electrical and combustion engines, the 125 can indicate revolutions-per-minute (rpm), and can be set up for 1 or 2 rotations per pulse, or 1 rotation per 2 or 4 pulses. A 50-ohm resistance range brings excellent 0.01-ohm resolution for checking motor windings and other wiring.
Series automates measurements from industrial systems
The Fluke ScopeMeter 120 Series performs automated measurements on motor, switch and similar signals. The 123 has a 20 MHz bandwidth, while the 124 is a 40 MHz bandwidth instrument that performs more advanced measurements. The 125 is also a 40 MHz instrument but includes features for testing Field Bus and motors. All incorporate Fluke’s unique Connect-and-View to recognize signal patterns, and automatically set up correct triggering.
The Fluke 125 includes a Power Adapter, test leads, 40 MHz probe, BP120MH battery (up to 7 hours operation) and i400s current clamp. The Fluke 125/S adds FlukeView software, carrying case and OC4USB cable.
- Fluke AC120 Alligator clips
- Fluke BB120 Shielded BNC adapter
- Getting started booklet
- Fluke HC120 Hook Clips
- Fluke PM 8907 Battery Charger/Line Voltage Adapter
- Fluke STL120 Shielded Test Lead Set
- Fluke BP 120 MH
- User manual (CD-ROM)
- Fluke VPS40 Voltage Probe, 40 MHz, 10:1
- Fluke I400s AC Current Clamp
- Bandwidth 40mhz bandwidth
- Bus Health Test
- Bus Health Test bus health test
- Display monochrome display
- Display monochrome
- Harmonics harmonics
- Input Channels 2 channels
- Sample Rate 25 ms/s sample rate
|Sample Rate||25 ms/s|
lukeView® Software for documenting, archiving and analysis
FlukeView® for Windows® helps you get more out of your ScopeMeter by:
- Documenting – transfer waveforms, screens and measurement data from the ScopeMeter to a PC. Print or import the data into your report.
- Add user text to individual ScopeMeter settings – providing guidance to the operator when recalling a set-up.
- Archiving – create a library of waveforms with your comments for easy reference and comparison. Store complete Replay cycles for analysis of waveform changes. Store complete memory content of the ScopeMeter on your PC for back-up purposes.
- Waveform Compare – store reference waveforms on the PC, or send a reference back to the ScopeMeter for waveform comparison and “Pass/Fail” testing.
- Analysis – use cursors, perform spectrum analysis or export data to other analysis programs. ScopeMeter test tools are connected to a PC via an optically-isolated