Fluke 1623 Basic GEO Earth Ground Tester Kit
The Fluke 1625 is intended for electrical utility or other high frequency environments as it has extra versatility for more demanding applications.
The Fluke 1625 is a distinctive earth ground tester that can perform all four types of earth ground measurement. Not only measure ground resistance using the classic ‘fall of potential test’ but also enable time saving testing using the ‘selective’ and ‘stakeless’ methods. ‘Selective’ testing does not require the electrode under test to be disconnected during the measurement, thus increasing safety. The simple ‘stakeless’ method quickly checks ground connections using two current transformers (probes) clamped around the ground conductor under test.
- 3- and 4-Pole Fall of Potential – standard earth ground testing using two ground stakes
- 4-Pole Soil Resistivity testing – determine soil resistivity using four ground stakes
- Selective testing – without disconnecting ground rods, a technician can measure ground resistance using a combination of stakes and a clamp.
- Stakeless testing – innovative solution using only clamps, instead of ground stakes, to measure earth ground loop resistance.
The Fluke 1625 offers these advanced features:
- Automatic Frequency Control (AFC) – identifies existing interference and chooses a measurement frequency to minimize its effect, providing a more accurate earth ground value.
- R* measurement – calculates earth ground impedance at 55 Hz to more accurately reflect the earth ground resistance that a fault-to-earth ground would see.
- Adjustable limits – for quick test result verification.
Earth ground resistance and soil resistivity should be measured when:
- Designing earth ground systems
- Installing new ground system and electrical equipment
- Periodically testing ground and lightning protection systems
- Installing large electrical equipment such as transformers, switchgears, machines, etc.
The Fluke 1625 is the stand-alone unit
For a basic model see the Fluke 1623
- Fluke 1625 tester
- 2 test leads
- 2 alligator clips
- 4 earth ground stakes
- 3 cable reels with wire (2-25 m, 1-50 m)
- selective/stakeless clamp set (one inducing, one sensing)
- Users manual
- Rugged carrying case
- 2-Pole Resistance Test
- 3-Pole Fall-of-Potential Test
- 4-Point Soil Resistivity Test
- 4-Pole Fall-of-Potential Test
- Adjustable Hi/Low Alarm
- Adjustable Hi/Low Alarm adjustable high alarm
- Automatic Frequency Control
- Calculates Earth Ground Impedance
- Dangerous Voltage Indicator
- Interference Detection
- Interference Frequency measures interference frequency
- Interference Voltage measures interference voltage
- Low Battery Indicator
- Resistance 300kω max resistance
- Resolution 0.001ω max resolution
- Selective Conductor Testing
- Stakeless Ground Testing
- Switchable Measuring Voltage
- Test Kit Included
- Test While De-Energized
- Test While Energized
|CAT II Rating||300v|
|Dimensions||133 mm x 187 mm x 250 mm|
|IP Rating||ip56 for case, ip40 for battery door|
|Maximum Resistance Resolution||0.001ω|
|Operating Temperature||0 °c to +35 °c|
|Storage Temperature||-30 °c to +60 °c|